Justice Ministry on Drousiotis: Unsigned Document Cannot Be Considered Evidence

Header Image

Ministry says no substantiated material has been submitted so far and calls for all evidence to be provided within set deadlines

 

The Ministry of Justice and Public Order issued clarifications regarding the public statements of journalist Makarios Drousiotis, stressing that to date, no documented evidence has been submitted to support the serious allegations he has made.

According to the ministry’s announcement, and following confirmation from the Chief of Police, Drousiotis has not provided the police investigative team with any material that can be used in the inquiry.

The ministry said that during his visit to Police Headquarters on Friday, Drousiotis left without submitting a written statement, providing only “a typed, descriptive and unsigned text,” which, it stressed, cannot constitute evidence for the purposes of the investigation.

Clear instructions to Police to move quickly

The ministry added that its instructions to the Police are explicit: all relevant material must be submitted within specified timeframes so that the investigation can proceed as quickly as possible.

“Society is entitled to this and demands it,” the announcement concluded.