One Palestinian Killed in Clashes With Israeli Army in Nablus

Header Image

A young man was killed and four others injured during clashes that erupted amid an Israeli military operation in the occupied West Bank.

One Palestinian was killed and four others were injured during clashes with the Israeli army in the city of Nablus, in the occupied West Bank, the Palestinian Authority’s Ministry of Health said on Sunday.

Eyewitnesses told Agence France‑Presse that Israeli forces carried out raids in neighbourhoods of the northern West Bank city, searching shops before withdrawing briefly and then returning.

Clashes broke out when young men threw stones at Israeli military vehicles. According to witnesses, Israeli soldiers initially responded with tear gas and later opened fire with live ammunition.

The Israeli army said in a statement that a “violent confrontation” erupted during what it described as an “anti‑terrorism operation.”

Violence in the West Bank, a Palestinian territory occupied by Israel since 1967, had already been at particularly high levels for years and escalated further following the outbreak of the Gaza war in October 2023.

At least 1,069 Palestinians, including members of armed groups as well as many civilians, have been killed by Israeli soldiers or settlers since then, according to an AFP tally based on data from the Palestinian Authority’s Ministry of Health.

Source: CNA